Friday 11 December 2009

Sadness Does Not Last Forever - Time To Move On

I just read Paulo Coehlo's "The Fifth Mountain" which was about Elijah, the Old Testament prophet. In the last chapter, I found these thoughts:

"Sadness does not last forever when we walk in the direction of what which we always desired.

It is always necessary to know when a stage of one's life has ended. If you stubbornly cling to it after the need has passed, you lose the joy and meaning of the rest. And you risk being shaken to your senses by God."
- Paulo Coehlo

A few days ago, thinking about my lost love, I wrote these words:

"Does he support your dreams? If you have a dream, don't let anyone stifle your energy to make it real."

"Pain and sorrow are an inevitable part of life if we give of ourselves and play our life full-out."

"Only the emotionally repressed never feel pain but then they also don't feel love or joy."

"We cannot force someone to love us but we can fall in love with ourselves."

"People come into our lives at a specific moment to teach us a lesson we need to hear at that time. Hopefully, we are listening to the teacher."

"The regret of lost love may remain for years but we can overcome the pain by accepting that the lessons learned prepare us for a more fulfilling and content future."

"Although lonely, I feel tremendous love and support from friends and acquaintances all over the world. Their energy and encouragement has sustained me when I could not find my own."

"Energy is circulating all the time but only when we look outwards and upwards can we receive a tingle of this life force."

Today is my birthday. I'm taking a deep breath and moving on. I know I might be wobbly at times but there is hope, I remain an optimist.

No comments: