Thursday 21 August 2008

Disciplining Young Children

I just came across a great idea which I will try with my own children.

It is perfect for children with lots of energy who take it out on others, usually by fighting or teasing.

Use up the extra extra energy by having them either run laps around the inside of the house or run up and down the stairs a given number of times. Not only do they have to do laps or run up and down stairs, they have to continually say what it is they will not do again.

So they will keep fit and repeat eg.,
“I will not hit my sister. I will not hit my sister. I will not hit my sister.”

I thought I would share this brilliant idea with you. It may help you create more peace in your home and maybe a bit more laughter. It is more constructive than sending them to their room to sulk or having them sit on a "naughty step".

No comments: