* we spend £20 billion each Christmas
* 1/3 of all books, clothes and toys are sold in the 8 weeks before Christmas
* 150 million Christmas cards are sold
* we decorate 7.5 million Christmas trees
* we use enough wrapping paper to giftwrap the island of Guernsey
That is ridiculous. Consumerism gone mad but we love it.
Harrods excel in beautiful displays and extravagance. If you can, visit Harrods during the Christmas season. Book ahead for Santa's Grotto in the Toy Kingdom.
Visit EuroTravel for travel to and within Europe.